The LV S/S-13 show – where beautiful headbands came to be reborn.
There were many things I wanted from the Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 13 show – and can we just reflect for a moment on the featured carousel!!!
Seriously though, all down the LV runway we witnessed beautiful girls strutting with equally beautiful satin bow headbands. This season LV Hair was ALL about the headband.
It was classic…cute…girly. It would work on long hair, short hair, mid-length hair.
Dress it up, make is casual. It just works with everything.
To quote Veruca Salt “I don’t’ care how, I want it NOW”. Preferably in every color.
While I have no problem spending a few thousand dollars on a LV bag – the thought of spending an exorbitant amount on these headbands – whilst beautiful – did leave me feeling conflicted.
That said, I am all for channeling Blair (circ. season 1-2 especially) of Gossip Girl–
So… here are some of my fave and more affordable solutions…
(1) Gap, Red Satin Bow Headband $5.99
(2) Johnny Loves Rosie, Flat Bow Navy Polka-dot Headband $35.18
(3) L.Erickson, Double Loop Bow Headband, $24
(4) Sonia Rykiel, Green Acetate Headband $58.93
(5) Henri Bendel, No. 7 Enamel Headband, $28
(6) L.Erickson, Two-Tier Coco Bow Headband, $43.95
Go forth, and may the headband love your hair as much as we love it.